Armed Forces Combat Death

A spouse, parent or child of a USC (or one who became a USC posthumously) who served honorably in the Armed Forces and died as a result of injury or disease incurred in or aggravated by combat may self-petition within two years of death. Spouse must not have been legally separated at time of death and may not remarry during the petition process. A child may apply even he/she turns 21 or remarries after death. A parent may self-petition even if deceased was under 21. Public charge is waived as grounds of inadmissibility.