Third Preference [EB-3]: Professionals, Skilled and Other Workers

A person must have a U.S. degree (or foreign equivalent) to qualify as an EB-3 professional. 8 CFR §204.5(l)(3)(ii)(C). An EB-3 skilled worker category does permit equivalence based on education and experience (but cannot be based on experience alone). Professionals include, but not limited to: architects, engineers, lawyers, physicians, surgeons and teachers. A labor certification is required and cannot be waived.